These Pumpkin Spice Pancakes are the perfect sweet and delicious fall breakfast, snack or brinner (breakfast for dinner).
Pancakes – the ultimate weekend breakfast! Unfortunately, they often contain lots of sugar, fat and white flour. Try our healthier take on the classic – gluten-free, vegan and packed with superfood protein! Plus, they taste like pumpkin pie. Perfect for fall and winter!
The protein we're using in this recipe is the Plant Protein Mix, a blend of rice- and pea protein, lucuma, maca and banana. It contains all essential amino acids and 60% highly absorbable protein.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
• 2 tbsp Plant Protein Mix
• 2 cups oats
• 2 tbsp cornstarch
• 2 cups plant-based milk (we love almond milk)
• ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
• ¼ cup maple syrup
• 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
• 1 tsp baking powder
• Maple syrup, nuts, berries, shredded coconut - whatever your foodie-heart desires
- Blend all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Let the batter sit for a couple minutes to thicken.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet (optional: use some coconut oil) and use approximately 1/4 cup of batter for one pancake.
- Cook on both sides and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Stack the pancakes up, add your favorite toppings and enjoy!