Headed to the gym? Boost your workout with this protein-packed oatmeal!
What you eat before a workout can really make or break your performance.
Which is why it’s important to fill up on the right kind of nutrients beforehand. If you have a couple hours to spare before you hit the gym, try this protein-packed oatmeal recipe!
The combination of carbs from rolled oats, and protein from our Muscle Power mix will give you the energy you need to power through your sweat session.
Best of all, it’s easy to make and super tasty! Just give your body plenty of time to digest before you begin pumping iron. ;)
MUSCLE POWER PROTEIN OATS
SERVES 1 | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
- 1 tbsp Muscle Power mix
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 cup water
- optional: peanut butter and fruit for topping
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the Muscle Power mix in a small pot and cook over medium heat.
- Keep stirring, so nothing burns or sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Take off the heat and add the mix.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings of choice.
SUPER TIP: Use more or fewer liquids depending on how thick or runny you like your porridge!