What’s better than a warm bowl of oatmeal for breakfast? Baked oatmeal for breakfast!
Cooler weather ushers in baking season — and we loving baking up this Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal!
What gets us so pumped up about this oatmeal recipe? For starters, it tastes just like fall! The Mellow Yellow mix contains classic seasonal spices, like cinnamon and ginger. Bonus: This mix will leave you feeling more calm and relaxed, too!
You’ll also get a healthy serving of plant-based protein thanks to ourPlant Protein mix.
You could easily serve this Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal at Thanksgiving as a healthy alternative to pumpkin pie. For a more indulgent option, serve topped with coconut cream or vegan yogurt!
PUMPKIN BAKED OATMEAL
SERVES 4 | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
- 1 tsp Mellow Yellow mix
- 2 tbsp Plant Protein mix
- 1½ cups plant-based milk
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats
- 3 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 360°F and set aside an oven-safe baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the plant-based milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, 2 tbsp Plant Protein, Mellow Yellow, spices (if using) and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients to combine.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.