Take your french fry game to the next (healthy) level with roasted potato wedges and cashew sour cream.
Potatoes get such a bad rap these days!
Here’s the tater truth: potatoes aren’t bad for you — it’s what you put on the potatoes (or how you prepare them) that’s bad. I’m talking about butter, cream and deep frying them.
One of our favorite things to make are oven-roasted potatoes, especially potato wedges. While they’re good on their own, spuds are always better with a dippable friend.
Enter cashew sour cream!
Unlike regular cashew cream made from dairy, this cashew sour cream is made from plants. It also contains a boost of plant-based protein courtesy of our Skinny Protein mix.
And don’t think this cashew sour cream is just for potato wedges! It also tastes great on baked potatoes or you can even use it as a veggie dip.
If you make this cashew sour cream, let us know what you think!
POTATO WEDGES WITH CASHEW SOUR CREAM
MAKES 1½ CUPS | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
- 2-3 potatoes, cut into wedges
Cashew Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Skinny Protein mix
- 1 cup cashews
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ garlic clove
- ¼ onion, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh chives, sliced (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the potato wedges into a single layer and bake until the wedges are soft and golden, about 30-40 minutes.
- While the potatoes bake, prepare the Skinny Protein Sour Cream: Place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl and serve with potato wedges.