A Brunch-Worthy French Toast Recipe
Looking for brunch inspiration? Try this vegan chocolate french toast!
There’s a difference between breakfast and brunch, and it has nothing to do with time and everything to do with flavor.
Brunch is a time for savoring every delicious bite and going outside your breakfast norm. And what better way to honor brunch than with a toast – a french toast, that is!
This chocolate french toast recipe goes above and beyond your brunch needs – it’s healthy, vegan, and absolutely scrumptious. Plus, it gets its chocolatey goodness from our Magic Mushroom Mix.
This calming blend of superfoods contains antioxidant-rich cacao, (to boost your mood) and functional mushrooms and adaptogens, which help reduce stress..
Whether you’re hosting a weekend brunch or looking to switch up your usual breakfast – this healthy chocolate french toast recipe is sure to hit-the-spot.
Healthy Chocolate French Toast Recipe
Serves 1 | VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE
• 2 tsp Magic Mushroom Mix
• ½ cup plant-based milk
• 2 tbsp cornstarch
• ½ banana, mashed
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
• 2-3 slices gluten-free, whole grain bread
• coconut oil
- Whisk the milk and cornstarch together in a bowl - stir vigorously to avoid lumps.
- Add the Magic Mushroom Mix, banana, and maple syrup and mix well.
- Heat a large skillet on medium to high heat.
- Dip the bread in the mixture and coat it from both sides.
- Add some coconut oil to the skillet and fry the bread from both sides until browned.
- Stack it up, add your toppings, and enjoy!